Things are Good


There has been lots going on here at the corner house. I don't really want to play catch-up, but I will fill you bloggers in, just a little.

The biggest thing that has rocked my little family is that I went back to work. At the office. I have never stopped working, I was just lucky enough to work from home these past (almost) 4 years, since Claire was born. It was a hard decision to go back, but I think it was the right one for now. It has been stressful with the kids going to preschool and babysitters, but I think we are finally getting into somewhat of a rhythm. I only work in the mornings, so I get to spend stress-free afternoons with my kids. Before I was "on-call" every afternoon, so most days it was kinda crazy trying to work and take care of kids. I will admit, I have really enjoyed going into the office. It gives me a break for a little while from messy faces and diapers and I get to interact with adults and feel a part of something. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy being a mother, but I also enjoy the sense of accomplishment I feel everyday at 12:30... I did it, I worked hard, now I can go be with and love my kids! And, I truly do love coming home to be with them. My attitude has changed towards my kids, I feel like I am more patient and more loving. So, yeah, I feel like working is a good thing, for now. Probably not forever, well I hope not forever, but for now it's ok. One awesome thing is that I don't have to work late nights anymore, which is really nice. If I do, it is for freelance work or personal design work.

...Enough about work...

Claire has started preschool, and I couldn't be happier about it. She is doing amazingly well. The first two weeks were hard on her and on me, change is the pits sometimes. But, now she is a rockstar. She is learning tons and just soaking it all in. I have seen a HUGE change in her. She is more focused on things, she cleans up after herself more often then not, she is more outgoing, she is more loving and more kind towards me and Tim and has really developed a love for learning, especially reading. I am proud of her and am really happy she is enjoying it. Everyday she tells me about the kids in her class, Ava M., Ava W., Dylan, Diya, PJ, Izzy, Ozzy, Iggy, Abbie, Josh, Christian, Willa... (I know there is more, can't think of them all!) who was there, who wasn't and who did what on the playground. I always try to get her tell me about what she learned about that day, but she always says, "just some stuff" and goes on telling me about her friends. I have found that she doesn't really remember all that well until we are doing something or reading something that reminds her of something they talked about at school. Then she immediately starts telling me all about. It has been a really good thing for her. I am glad she has the opportunity to go to such a great school.

This is turning into a longer post then I thought. Sorry. Stay with me. Here comes the pictures.


Charlie Boy turned 7 months old yesterday! He is growing and developing like crazy!
He can:
Roll from his tummy to his back
Sit up
Eat anything
Drool like a dog
Laugh like a crazy person
Take off his socks
Respond (most of the time) to his name

He loves to:
Watch Claire like a hawk
Chew on toy cars
Chew on my fingers
Play with any type of wrapper (Ritz cracker wrappers are his fav)
Smile and skake his head
Watch basketball

He weighs almost 18 pounds and eats like a horse. He is chunky and roll-y and poll-y and I just love him!

The other day Claire was eating a popsicle and he kept on grabbing at it, so I gave him one. Oh, did he LOVE it! His face and lips were bright red and freezing by the time I took it away from him. He was not happy about that.






Tim has been busy with work, church duties and being a great dad. (Thanks Tim, you have really been amazing lately!) I have been busy making quilts, designing logos and business cards, St. Patrick's Day activities for my friends at Bloom, wedding announcements and doing my church calling as primary chorister...TONS of work, but so rewarding! Since going back to work I have seemed to take on more responsibilities, but have also accomplished more with my time. Isn't that always the truth, when you are busy, your time management skills increase ten-fold? Amazing.


I am looking forward to working and playing my yard this spring and summer, and letting the kids go crazy in the dirt and on the grass.

I am happy right now and things are good. Hope they stay that way for awhile.

Comments

Susan said…
So glad to hear you and your little family are doing well, Emily. It sounds like you have made good decisions and things are working out. I have missed your posts -- and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one. The photos and video are precious! Hope to see you all this summer some time.
Taylor's said…
Yay for a blog post! I am so glad you guys are doing so well - now we just need to get together!!!
Danielle said…
Oh your kids are growing up so much. They are so cute!

I bet in a lot of ways it is less stressful to be able to just focus on work at work and then your kids at home...I don't know how you worked at home! I know it was nice to be able to do it...but man it must have been HARD!

I loved the cupcake toppers by the way! SO clever.
Heidi #1 said…
Cute Post! I miss everyone, but I am glad to hear you are doing well. Especially glad to hear Tim is doing well with his calling. I hear from others that he is a rockstar. Anyway, I have been doing tons of cupcakes for my business lately, I may call you to design me some cupcake papers...those are SO CUTE!!! Thanks for the fat baby photos, I love the rolls!
I am so happy that you are starting to adjust to your new schedule. Don't feel guilty about kinda enjoying going into the office- I understand.

You and Tim are amazing examples to us and we love you and your sweet babies! It's always fun to stop by your house on our summertime walks to see you working in your yard.