The Scriptures

Since entering Primary, Claire has been a little obsessed with reading, playing, looking at, dancing with and sleeping with her scriptures. I sometimes have to remind her that they are not a toy and that are precious and sacred and to treat them nicely. Sometimes she can get a little out of control while dancing with them!

Every morning when I come up the stairs from my bedroom I find her reading them all snuggled with her blanket and pillow on the living room couch. (PBS is on the TV as well, she is a great multitask-er!) She just really loves her scriptures. So, the other day I heard her reading in her room so I ran in and got this on video (I made her read the scripture again):



Moroni 10:5
“And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.”

Later in the week she was given the opportunity to give a talk in Primary about the scriptures. She wrote the talk herself, I helped with a couple words, but she told me what to write. I typed it up on a sheet of paper and we practiced all week long. Then on Saturday before the big day, we went down to the church and practiced in the Primary room. I just had to get it on film, it was too cute!



I love to read the scriptures.
My favorite stories are about Nephi. He was strong and brave and true.
I know the scriptures are true because when I read them I can hear the Savior’s voice.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

On Sunday she did it all by herself. She stepped right up to the microphone and read the whole thing. I just pointed to the line she was on so she wouldn’t lose her place. Before Primary even started she was ready to go. I had to keep telling her to sit quietly in her chair and wait her turn. She was just so excited!

I am so proud of you, sweet Claire. You worked hard on that little talk. I am so blessed to have you in my life.

Comments

Annie said…
SO SO CUTE! She is a smart little one.
Wrays said…
Oh My Heavens, What a Sweetheart in a half!! its even more special because they are so in tune with their own little spirit!! I LOVED THIS!! You should feel like a very Proud MaMa!!
Susan said…
Too cute! And, a good example to us all: loving the scriptures so much to want to dance with them!
Holly said…
That is Awesome. Just like Nephi, Claire is born of goodly parents.
she did an amazing job! I can NOT believe how she can read. She is so stinkin amazing.

What is your secret? My kid has no desire to read "words are not fun," he says. Nice.