I Need a Kick in the Pants

Why do I kind of shut down when I have so much to do? Do other people do that? Am I the only one? For example, Christmas is still up at my house, laundry is literally spilling out the laundry room door, my office is a bomb, I seem to never get the kitchen clean, work is a whole different story, primary stuff is literally everywhere... geesh, that list could go on and on and on. I look around my house and think of everything I need to do and I just sit there. I just sit there and let the dishes pile up and the crumbs multiply exponentially on the floor. They seem to be trivial things in the grand scheme of things, but trivial things that need to get done so my life won't seem so hectic. Things that need to be done I can be a better mother and wife. Today I didn't even attempt get up and cross anything off my list. I did shower though, only because I didn't yesterday. Do I blame it on being busy with two kids and being really tired or just laziness? I'll go with laziness. I need a big kick in the pants. I know we all have days like this, but it seems like mine is lasting for months. I am not looking for pity, just telling you how it is here at the corner house. Messy, hectic and probably a little smelly (I have a kid who poops and pukes all the time, he's 4 months old). Did I say I need a kick in the pants? I need a kick in the pants.

I wanted to post Happy New Year to all of you, but this little spat of craziness came out instead. So, I will say it now... Happy New Year!

Comments

Trina said…
It's not just you! It comes and goes for me, too, although it's gotten better as the kids get older, because (1) I have to function to keep their lives running and especially because (2) I can make them help me out! Also, I try to constantly remember what your mom told me: Mothers with immaculate houses and young children have their priorities wrong. It always makes me feel better!
Em you took the words that I would use to describe my past few days, right out of my mouth. I told Jason that I need to have someone over to our house so I get motivation to get the "dailies" done. So, I am right there working on this with you, and trying to have my own sanity and family be good enough motivation for me. :)
The Jessups said…
I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I don't even have work anymore to be an excuse for me! The kitchen and laundry will always pile up. No matter how clean you try to keep it, and stay on top of it, kids do that to us! At least that's how it is over here.
James said…
Amen to that. I think even our kids have started to wonder what's up with mom and dad.
Missy said…
I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes the only thing that will get me movin is knowing either my step-mom or mother-in-law is going to be stopping by and will see it.

PS - Do you by chance have a picture of your tree you could email me? I LOVED it and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I saw it. I think I'd like to do something like that next year.
Meg said…
Uh, me too. I am actually really happy you posted this. It makes me feel like I am not the only one. I feel like that a lot. I am the only one who doesn't have it together all of the time. Even though you seem like you have it all together most of the time, it is still nice to know that I am not the only one who has a hard time balancing all that there is to balance.

Oh, and YOU JUST HAD A BABY! Give yourself a break.
You're hilarious and I feel the same way ALL the time with two! -McKenna