The Days After

It's been two and a half months since the poop post. A catch-up post is now needed. Stay with me, you won't be disappointed.

That night after the poop post we went to the Davis County Fair. Claire loved every minute of the fair and still talks about it. We bought her a pass to ride the kids rides as much as she wanted and she did, a lot. It was hot, I was 9 months pregnant and we had a great time. I was secretly hoping that walking around the fair would put me into labor. Did it? Read on.


2 days after the poop post we finally got our house in order for the baby to come. Did I mention before that my nesting this time around was a little out of control? I rearranged my whole house. Tim and I moved downstairs, Claire and the new baby moved to our old room and the guest room moved upstairs in to Claire's old room. Tim didn't really want to do it, but I talked him into it. We love it now.

3 days after the poop post our little man was born. We call him Charlie but most of the time we call him Charlie Boy, Little Man or Sir Hiss. Why Sir Hiss you ask? Because the day he was born he looked exactly like Sir Hiss in the cartoon Robin Hood. Funny. I know, right?

Charles Newberry Yates
6 pounds even
20 inches
August 23, 2010
2:32 pm


4 days after the poop post my brother and his family flew in from Dubai for their 3 week vacation to the US. It was great to see them while they were here and for Claire to be able to play with and get to know her cousins, Asher, Ivy and Canyon.

This was also the day that Claire finally decided to go poopy in the potty!!!!! Tim was home with her and said that she went five times! She hadn't gone since the poop post. 5 times! Ha!

5 days after the poop post we brought our little Charlie boy home.


6 days after the poop post, Charlie's due date, we took some photos on the couch. Claire later pooped in her pants. How could she play with me like that? I thought we were making such progress!


7 days after the poop post Claire started pooping on the potty again. Will she continue? Read on.

9 days after the poop post Claire pooped in the potty (yay!) and Charlie pooped his pants, like 20 times. OK, I might be exaggerating a little, but not much. Claire played dress-ups and posed for the camera, then Charlie took his turn and posed for the camera.


10 days after the poop post my mom finally came. Hallelujah! She was amazing. She stayed up all night with the baby (only to wake me to feed him) and played all day with Claire so I could snuggle my Little Man. She cooked, cleaned, shopped, washed and of course did yardwork. It was wonderful to have had her here. I was truly blessed.

11 days after the poop post Claire is still on a roll with pooping in the potty... especially since Nanna was there.

12 days after the poop post Claire went down to Harrison's house and hung out with her cousins.


13 days after the poop post Claire went down again to play with her cousins. Let's just say she was loving her life.


15 days after the poop post Claire discovered a new game, jumping off the window sill onto Nanna's bed. So far no injuries. Knock on wood. She found Nana's glasses and put on her dress up earrings. Cool, huh? Those earrings were my grandmothers!


18 days after the poop post Tim and I took Charlie in for his 2 week appointment. All was well except for the fact that he wasn't gaining enough weight. He was born at 6 pounds, came home at 5 pounds 7 ounces and only weighed 5 pounds 10 ounces at 2 weeks. His doctor was concerned so asked if I would supplement with formula. I said sure, anything to help out my Little Man. I was actually kind of happy, I would get some what of a break from feeding all the time. I decided to pump my breast milk so I could see how much he was getting. He wasn't the best sucker on my breast, he was always falling asleep. Pumping made it much easier. He has gained lots of weight and is starting to become our Chunky Little Man. Claire now calls him her Chunk-a-roo.

19 days after the poop post my dad and brother Matt came into town. As soon as my dad walked in the door, Claire pooped in the potty and wanted to show him. Gross but pretty awesome.

20 days after the poop post I caught our Little Man in his swing.


21 days after the poop post Tim's parents came for a weekend visit. They are great. Always so kind and generous. Claire pooped in the potty and showed Tim's parents, double awesome, and we weighed Charlie on my Grandma's canning scale... a little over 6 pounds!


22 days after
the poop post Claire went to church with just underwear on... she did great! No accidents! We also blessed Charlie in church. My whole family was here which is rare because my bother and his family live in Dubai and don't come to the states all that much. It was a great day. We had a little brunch at my house before church with coffee cake, omelet casserole (to die for, by the way), fruit and juice. Then we headed to the church for family photos, taken by my very talented friend Amy. Tim did a great job. It was a wonderful blessing.


23 days after the poop post I went back to work. Blah. I should say this though, I am grateful to have a job because there are a lot of people who don't... but I really didn't want to go back. I tell ya, it's hard being a working mom and I only work 10 hours a week! I can't imagine being full time!

24 days after the poop post Claire started Pre-School. Well, more like JoySchool. A couple of moms in my neighborhood each take 1 day a week and teach a little lesson, do a craft and provide a snack. It has been really fun. Claire is excited every week.


25 days after the poop post I officially decided Claire was potty trained (day time). Now, I don't even have to worry about her anymore. We can go places, I can send her places and she does great. Awesome huh? What clicked for her you ask? I think it was just getting away from me for awhile (I was in the hospital) and a pretty harsh threat from her dad. Tim was so fed up with everything he threatened to take her "baakie" (blanket) away give and give it to Penny (her best friend). If anyone knows about Claire's "baakie" you know that it is her most prized possession. She loves that thing more than anything. Giving it to Penny would be the end of her world. I thought the threat was a little harsh, but I was at the end of my rope, I was willing to try almost anything. The next day she pooped and hasn't looked back. In fact, everytime she poops in the potty she tells me that she is so happy because she gets to keep her baakie. It worked!!!!

27 days after the poop post my parents left. I cried. I asked my mom how I was going to take care of 2 kids and she told me, "Emily, you just have to." Her mother-in-law told her the same thing when she had 2 kids. I often think about what my mom said when I am stressed out and overwhelmed. I just have to. That's it. I just have to.

Later on, by myself, I took Charlie to the doctor for a weigh-in... 6 pounds 10 ounces! He gained 1 whole pound in a week! Yay! After the doctor, Claire decided that Charlie needed to wear a princess crown. "He's the prince! I am the princess!" she says...sorry Charlie Boy, I think this is the first of many dress-up episodes!


30 days after the poop post Charlie chilled in his crib while Claire dressed up as Sleeping Beauty.


38 days after the poop post I went to the doctor to my check-up and everyone there ooohed and ahhhed over Charlie.

39 days after the poop post I hosted pre-school at my house. We learned all about the letter C, the color yellow and barn yard animals. My awesome neighbor Meg invited us down to her house to see her chickens. She has 4 living in a coop in her backyard. The kids loved it. They fed them, collected an egg and searched for feathers.

43 days after the poop post we enjoyed General Conference. It was great to hear the words of the Prophet and be rejuvenated to do what's right, serve and live the gospel.

45 days after the poop post I had a photoshoot for work that I had to attend. I had forgotten about it until 2pm. The shoot was at 3pm. I hadn't showered and both of my kids were asleep. I rushed in the shower, woke up the kids and raced down to the shoot. When I walked the in the photographer said, "oh, you brought the whole fam?" Yeah, I did. Sorry, had to. Claire and Charlie were really good though. Charlie slept the whole time and Claire played on the laptop, typing letters and words in Word and playing games on pbskids.org. Only days before did she learn how to use the keypad mouse. She is now a pro.

47 days after the poop post we went to the dentist as a family. Just cleanings for Tim and I, but it was Claire's first visit! She did great. She got to ride up and down in the chair, look in the mirror while the dentist counted her teeth and pick out a new princess toothbrush. She loved it!

48 days after the poop post I took both kids to Costco and bought milk, bread, cheese and formula. When we got home, Claire decided she wanted to be a robot so she did this:


Of course I had to join in.


50 days after the poop post I made Claire's Halloween costume. We went to a Halloween party at my sister Lizzy's. She wanted to be a magician. She has a cape, a top hat, a wand and tights that have black and red hearts and diamonds all over them. I don't mean to brag, but she is dang cute. Pics to come soon. Oh, and Charlie is going to be her rabbit. Just need to make the rabbit ears!

52 days after the poop post Charlie Boy started to Cooo and Caaa! It is so cute!

53 days after the poop post Claire puked 8 times. 3 in her bed, 2 in the toilet and 3 on the couch. I did like 6 loads of laundry. Puke is gross. Poor sweet girl.

58 days after the poop post Charlie smiled his first smile!

59 days after the poop post this is what my kids looked like... Charlie's pants are a little high!


62 days after the poop post Claire peed on the couch for no reason. It was awesome.

64 days after the poop post Charlie turned 2 months old!

65 days after the poop post our ward had their Primary program in church. I am the music leader so I was worried sick all week leading up to Sunday about the songs. But, the kids did great, so proud of all of them!

66 days after the poop post Claire had her best friend over. They were princesses for 2 hours.


67 days after the poop post Charlie and I had a little conversation on the couch. He told me all about his day and how much he loved his family. He also wished his cousin Cassidy Happy Birthday like 8 times. Jeesh, I think she heard you the first time, bud.



68 days after the poop post I took Charlie in for his 2 month check-up... he weighed 10.5 pounds! Can you believe it! He is our little Chunk-a-roo!


70 days after the poop post Claire wore her new Halloween skirt from Nanna. She danced and twirled and took a bath in it.

So, that's a little taste of my life 70 days after the poop post. I am just glad Claire hasn't pooped her pants in 63 days. Charlie on the other hand.... why do boys poop so much more than girls?

Comments

birdie said…
I loved your post emily! what a whirlwind :) i loved your mom's quote: "you just have to." so true!!

i remember that sinking feeling when my mom left and i had #1 and #2 all by myself. We made it :) It was a little rough, but we made it.

It looks like you guys are doing terrific if the pictures are any evidence! I don't think I hardly took any pics after #2 was born, it was insanity!

so glad that you're doing well. charlie boy is one cute little nugget!!
Cat Zimmer said…
EM! I am so glad you are back in the blogging world. I have been wondering how Charlie has been. Over 10 pounds! He is a chunker! We love you guys, see you soon I hope.
Wrays said…
I LOVED THIS POST!! MOTHERHOOD CAN BE SO HARD BUT REWARDING!! YOU ARE AN AWESOME MOMMY WITH CUTE BABIES!! IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU. MUCH LOVE
Trina said…
Your kids are so darling!! The first difference I noticed between baby girls and baby boys was that boys go through a million times more wipes!

Could I talk you into sending me that last picture at full resolution of Charlie smiling on the bed? (Or send it to my mom - she's in full project mode!) Thanks!
Gotolson said…
Em, I love the picture in the bucket on the scale, you'll have to make sure and put that one in his baby book, SOOOO Cute!
Love,
Tome
Toria said…
Em! I loved this post! So cute and funny and so good to see that you're thriving! Claire is a doll and I'm sure that Charlie will be more of the same- so so so fun! We were so happy to get to be there for the blessing and to see you for a bit- just wish it was MORE and that we could have been MORE of a help.

Congrats on being months past the poop post! That's HUGE!