The Grass Princess

Well, we finally did it! We finally have grass in our front yard! After three years of gross grass, yellow grass then dirt, we finally have lush, green, thick grass! I am sooooooo happy!!!!

On May 22 we woke up to a stormy looking day not sure if it was going to rain or shine. Tim took a chance and ordered the sod, I called up the troops and Claire got ready to run and play on her new lawn. It turned out to be the perfect day, overcast, cool and no rain. With the help of Dan, Cat, Liz and Heath, we prepped all morning leveling and laying down a layer of compost. The sod came around 2:30 and by 4:30 we were done and admiring our work.

I still can't believe the difference. It just looks amazing! I wake up every morning and just stare out my windows with a big smile on face... I finally have grass! Claire loves it too. She ran and played for 2 hours straight the day we laid it. We hadn't even finished rolling out the first roll when she sat down on it, took off her shoes and started jumping and screaming! She called herself "The Grass Princess" all day. I don't think she realized that grass could be and is supposed to be at her own house. She probably just thought only parks were lucky enough to have grass! We play on it everyday, running, rolling, kicking balls and blowing bubbles. It has really been a blessing! Thanks to all who helped! Especially to Dan and Cat, we couldn't have done this without you!

Here is the house in its final prepping stages:


The truck and the sod:


The grass princess:


The final product:


The happy homeowners:


The tired crew:


Again, a big thanks to everyone that has helped and to my dear Tim for all his hard work. Since the day he came home from work and found my mom and I with a huge bottle of Round-U, he has had a rough three years in the yard. I am sure he was really frustrated at times, but he was a trooper. Look at it now, honey! It is just fabulous! (as little Claire would say)

Comments

Taylor's said…
you never know just how much you love grass until you don't have any - I am jealous of your yard - it looks amazing!

How are you feeling these days?
JONES FAMILY said…
Ok, fisrt of all--- I helped. Regardless of what the first two pictures show as me standing around in Em's yellow sweatshirt---and the last picture where I changed out of my muddy clothes to give Claire a bath. Sheesh. This makes me look LAZY!
it looks great! Hard work REALLY pays off. :)
Heidi #1 said…
Sometimes I find my self driving down your street just to admire your grass one more time.
Kate said…
Oh my it does look fabulous!!! What a pretty yard! And your family is so nice to help... laying sod is the worst job! But well worth it! Looks like there will be lots of frolicking in your yard all summer long!

And my mom told me what you were thinking of naming your baby boy! Love it of course!
Kathryn Palmer said…
Your house and yard looks awsome! Great work guys!