Cute Girl in a Dingy Tub


As I was going through some photos today I saw this one and it just cracked me up. I had to post it for my dad because I remember him doing this to my hair when I was little. Then I started to look closer at the photo and realized that the tile, tub and the water were disgusting. To my defense, Claire is always dirty these days because of the mess of a yard we have at the corner house (more on that later) so that is why the water is so gray. As to the dingy tile, tub and grout, well that is just my fault. I really REALLY don't like to clean this tub/shower because it seems to never get clean. Plus, bending over right now is not very fun. It needs to be re-grouted (is that a word?) and sometimes I think the tub needs resurfacing. But, both of those things will have to wait until the never-ending yard project is complete.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get a dingy tub looking like new without spending a whole lot? Don't stare in disgust too long. It might make you sick.

Comments

i've heard about a cleaner called "Ka-pow" or some such. you spray it on and it's blue and when it's done working it turns white. it's one of those Billy Mays products. it's supposed to get in there and do magic in grout lines and lime and skuzz.
Meg said…
Bar Keeper's Friend. It is awesome, awesome stuff. It is powder like Ajax or Comet but it will get the dinginess out fast!
Toria said…
you're so funny- I'm such a bad housekeeper, I didn't notice the dingy- and still don't.
I did notice the cute!