I am going to play a little blog catch up... I just haven't been in the mood lately, but when I saw some of the photos I took when I was cleaning off my camera, I just couldn't resist. So, here is the end of January and February:
TIM'S BIRTHDAY (jan 31)
This year it fell on a Sunday, so it was really quite a relaxing day. I failed as a wife and didn't bake him a pie like he asked, but I did bring two huge pans of cinnamon rolls into his work the Friday before. They were really REALLY good. I used this roll recipe and for the filling just did butter, brown sugar and cinnamon with a vanilla glaze on top.
Claire made him a book, "10 Things I Love About my Dad" (these were all things that Claire said about her dad, sorry no photo!):
1 - i love my dad because he goes to work.
2 - i love my dad because he plays kitchen with me.
3 - i love my dad because he has big shoes.
4 - i love my dad because he laughs with me.
5 - i love my dad because he loves mommy.
6 - i love my dad because he has a big truck.
7 - i love my dad because he serves the boys. (the youth in our church)
8 - i love my dad because he reads his books and his scriptures.
9 - i love my dad because he takes me to nursery.
10 - i love my dad because i’m his princess.
I bought him some shoe laces (romantic, I know) and then we both gave him a new photo for his office (my good friend Amy took the photo, isn't it great?)

The best part of the day was when we all played Playdoh together. Claire just loved it!

DRESS UP (whole month of feb)
Claire's cousin Cassidy gave her this box of dress up stuff awhile back, but only now has Claire really taken an interest. I mean, REALLY taken an interest. We "dress-up" quite a bit.


THE FORT (feb 19-20)
I was at my wits end. Claire was just really pushing my buttons. Then I remembered this awesome post on BLOOM and decided it was time to build a fort. And, did I hit the jackpot?! She LOVED it! She played in it for hours, days! We ate in the fort, played babies, read books, took naps (tried to at least) played kitchen, did puzzles, sang songs, you name it we probably did it. It was great. All my frustrations melted away when I saw her totally enjoying herself. I got stuff done because she was playing by herself at times, and we had great bonding time when we were in the fort together. It was simple thing, but it really made a difference.

We have been having fun this past month, just staying at home for the most part. We did go up to Idaho and spend a weekend up there with Tim's parents and my sister Cat and her husband Dan. Click here to see what I mean.
We've got big plans over the next couple of months. I will try to keep this thing updated!
TIM'S BIRTHDAY (jan 31)
This year it fell on a Sunday, so it was really quite a relaxing day. I failed as a wife and didn't bake him a pie like he asked, but I did bring two huge pans of cinnamon rolls into his work the Friday before. They were really REALLY good. I used this roll recipe and for the filling just did butter, brown sugar and cinnamon with a vanilla glaze on top.
Claire made him a book, "10 Things I Love About my Dad" (these were all things that Claire said about her dad, sorry no photo!):
1 - i love my dad because he goes to work.
2 - i love my dad because he plays kitchen with me.
3 - i love my dad because he has big shoes.
4 - i love my dad because he laughs with me.
5 - i love my dad because he loves mommy.
6 - i love my dad because he has a big truck.
7 - i love my dad because he serves the boys. (the youth in our church)
8 - i love my dad because he reads his books and his scriptures.
9 - i love my dad because he takes me to nursery.
10 - i love my dad because i’m his princess.
I bought him some shoe laces (romantic, I know) and then we both gave him a new photo for his office (my good friend Amy took the photo, isn't it great?)

The best part of the day was when we all played Playdoh together. Claire just loved it!

DRESS UP (whole month of feb)
Claire's cousin Cassidy gave her this box of dress up stuff awhile back, but only now has Claire really taken an interest. I mean, REALLY taken an interest. We "dress-up" quite a bit.


THE FORT (feb 19-20)
I was at my wits end. Claire was just really pushing my buttons. Then I remembered this awesome post on BLOOM and decided it was time to build a fort. And, did I hit the jackpot?! She LOVED it! She played in it for hours, days! We ate in the fort, played babies, read books, took naps (tried to at least) played kitchen, did puzzles, sang songs, you name it we probably did it. It was great. All my frustrations melted away when I saw her totally enjoying herself. I got stuff done because she was playing by herself at times, and we had great bonding time when we were in the fort together. It was simple thing, but it really made a difference.

We have been having fun this past month, just staying at home for the most part. We did go up to Idaho and spend a weekend up there with Tim's parents and my sister Cat and her husband Dan. Click here to see what I mean.
We've got big plans over the next couple of months. I will try to keep this thing updated!
Comments
I just love that first picture of Claire. She is such a beautiful little girl.