All I Want To Do Is Sleep, Redecorate My House and Play "Go Fish" with Claire

I am getting ready for my parents to come. That means tons of cleaning and organizing. Especially the room where they are staying. There is an unfinished quilt-top on their bed that I should be sewing right now, an iron and ironing board that I trip over almost every time I go in there, a huge dollhouse for Claire that I have had since she has been a year old just waiting for the perfect time to give her, smelly (gross) camping gear from Tim's many trips with the scouts, a Costco size package of paper towels, board games stacked by one side of the bed so you can't get in the bed without stepping on them, clean laundry blocking the doorway and a closet overflowing with stuff. Just stuff!

I don't even want to start talking about the my office which is right outside their door. I can barely see the carpet.

Sigh.

I just stare at this everyday because I don't want to clean it. I don't want to organize it, because how I want to organize everything will cost money, you know for tubs, pretty baskets and labels and things. And, and!... I just don't want to bend over these days.

Another big sigh.

So, right now I am looking at my office and messy guest room saying, oh, I have the weekend to do this, my parents aren't coming until Tuesday. That seems to be the answer to everything in my life right now. Oh, I have this and this, but I can do it later. And, I need to get this done, but maybe I will just take a quick nap first. August is a ways away, right?

So instead of doing daily chores around the house, all I want to do is sleep (because I'm really tired!), redecorate my house (is that called nesting?) and play "Go Fish" with Claire (time with just me and her before #2 comes along). Is that too much to ask?

Oh, yeah, did I mention I'm pregnant?

Comments

Meg said…
I am guessing your mom would love to help you bend down and put those games in a cute tub (or at least under the bed). You do what you gotta do. Don't ever feel guilty about spending time with little C. And Go Fish? What an advanced little lady!
Taylor's said…
Are you kidding me!?! That is AWESOME!!!!! Congratulations!

I will gladly come and clean for you so you can rest and I will even take that little girl of yours for a couple of hours so you can rest!

Miss you dear!!!!!
Trina said…
Congratulations Emily!! So exciting! Enjoy your visit with your parents!
Jessica said…
Congratulations Emily! I was reading your blog post and thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder if she's pregnant. That sounds about how I feel these days." :) Good luck getting things somewhat picked up!
Rob & Megg said…
So feel your pain...I keep putting stuff off too. And the naps and or sitting and reading and playing time with Jack just seems to increase and all my projects seem to getg pushed to ANOTHER DAY. Hope your feeling well. Call us and we'll come play fish with you and Claire.
Kathryn Palmer said…
Congratulations guys! That so exciting.
Hope you get the room done the way you want it, before your parents arrive.
Kate said…
Ohhh! Congrats on baby #2! And fun that your parents are coming. I doubt they'll be crushed if your house isn't spotless! So I say just leave it and take a nap instead!

When are you due?
Kimmy Sunshine said…
Congrats that's exciting. I'd love to come help or clean for you so you can get some rest and relaxation while you can.
Bloom said…
Oh my gosh! Congrats, dear!!! I am so excited for you! I'm glad you get some time with your parents. That will be amazing.

loves
anne
Susan said…
Congratulations, Em and Tim. Don't worry, it will all get done when you're feeling more energetic.
woohoo! Yeah for the Yates!