The Roof

I haven't really wanted to relive this experience, thus not posting about it until now!

This past August Tim (and some really great friends... are we still friends?) took on the HUGE challenge of re-roofing our home. It really REALLY needed it. We knew it was going to be a big job, but we had no idea it was going to take over our lives! (And those who volunteered to help.) We thought that we could get it mostly done over a 3-day weekend, but those 3 days turned into 3 weeks. We had some ups and down, but for the most part things ran pretty smoothly, all thanks to some great guys... Heath, Zach and Jim... just to name a few.

Here are some photos of the process:

BEFORE- gray/white roof (photo taken April 2008 when we actually had grass!)


Tim asked if there were any plants I really cared about. This Japanese Maple was the only one!


Mounds of shingles were EVERYWHERE!!! I will be cleaning up bits and pieces for the rest of my life...sigh.


AFTER


Looks pretty good, eh?

Thanks again to all those who helped. We couldn't have done it without you!

Comments

Susan said…
The roof looks great -- but, oh, so much work!!
House projects can be a bear in the moment, however it is always a huge sigh of relief and excitement when they are finally over! LOOKS GREAT!
Taylor's said…
Are you kidding me - that looks awesome!
Annie said…
I forgot about the crazy mess! Looks wonderful Em.