I just had a really great experience putting Claire to bed.
Not every night is a great experience. There is usually frustration and short tempers which are mostly on my part, but tonight was different. We did our usual routine, milk, prayers, found George, Rusty, Polly and JuneBug (all her stuffed animals she demands be in her crib), placed bakie (her fav blanket) and pink one (her other fav blanket) over her and started to sing songs. She requested I Am Like a Star Shining Brightly then Give Said the Little Stream and then finally I Am a Child of God. (Click on title of song to read and listen!) All three songs we sing every night. But tonight was different. The spirit of our Heavenly Father was there. While singing I Am a Child of God I actually listened to myself sing the words.
I am a child of God, And he has sent me here, Has given me an earthly home With parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do To live with him someday.
(Children’s Songbook, My Heavenly Father, I Am a Child of God, 2–3)
I have sang this song millions of times! It is a song I learned as a small child, but tonight as I sang it with Claire the words rang true.
I am a Child of God!

(Print by persimmon and pink.)
How grateful I am to KNOW that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father. That he loves me! That he knows me! Feeling His love has been a comfort in my life and has brought me great happiness. I hope that one day Claire will know she too is a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father! How great will be her joy!
Thanks, Claire for this heart warming experience, a true tender mercy. It was much needed.
(I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You can find out more about the church and what I believe in at www.lds.org.)
Not every night is a great experience. There is usually frustration and short tempers which are mostly on my part, but tonight was different. We did our usual routine, milk, prayers, found George, Rusty, Polly and JuneBug (all her stuffed animals she demands be in her crib), placed bakie (her fav blanket) and pink one (her other fav blanket) over her and started to sing songs. She requested I Am Like a Star Shining Brightly then Give Said the Little Stream and then finally I Am a Child of God. (Click on title of song to read and listen!) All three songs we sing every night. But tonight was different. The spirit of our Heavenly Father was there. While singing I Am a Child of God I actually listened to myself sing the words.
I am a child of God, And he has sent me here, Has given me an earthly home With parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do To live with him someday.
(Children’s Songbook, My Heavenly Father, I Am a Child of God, 2–3)
I have sang this song millions of times! It is a song I learned as a small child, but tonight as I sang it with Claire the words rang true.
I am a Child of God!

(Print by persimmon and pink.)
How grateful I am to KNOW that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father. That he loves me! That he knows me! Feeling His love has been a comfort in my life and has brought me great happiness. I hope that one day Claire will know she too is a daughter of a loving Heavenly Father! How great will be her joy!
Thanks, Claire for this heart warming experience, a true tender mercy. It was much needed.
(I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You can find out more about the church and what I believe in at www.lds.org.)
Comments
Good for you being so in tune that you could feel the spirit - you are one amazing woman and Mom and don't tell anyone tell you differently.