Class of '99

When I went home to Oregon a couple of weeks I ago, I attended my 10-year high school reunion.

It was surprisingly fun.

I didn't really want to go at first, I was nervous. I was nervous to see certain people, nervous to see everyone a little tipsy (I wasn't around that stuff in high school!), ok, a lot tipsy! I was nervous at what people would think of me, of what I would think of them. I was nervous that I wouldn't remember anyone's name, I was nervous I would make a fool out of myself. I worried about what I was going to wear, how it fit my body. I worried about my hair and my earrings (thanks Liz, they were great). I worried about a lot of things. I don't know why. Why did I really care at what some of these people thought of me? Why was I so nervous? I don't know.

It had been 10 years, I had changed. Changed in good ways, I think. They had changed. As soon as I got there all of those silly worries left and all of the silly memories came back! I saw Rachel, Emily, Jordan, Dusty, Marko, Sara, Taylor, Annie, Bryce, Opal, Kari, Bethany, Jessica, Angela, Bliss, Eric, Jay, Jaime, Kristina, Jessica, Devon, Ea, Dustin, Nick... all these old friends that were genuinely happy to see me! And, of course I was happy to see them. It was fun to catch up, to hear adventures, fun to see spouses and to hear about kids. I don't know why I thought that I was the only one that had grown up, you know, gotten married, had a baby. But, most everyone else had too. It was really cool to see. We were all different but still the same. Weird.

I am glad I went. Really glad I went with Rachel. Fish, you are the best. Thanks for going with me, laughing at all the crazy drunk people and carrying my stuff. I had a great time. Of course I didn't bring a camera, so no photos were taken, but I did get this one from my friend Bryce, she is on the left. Nice hair, Clason.


Flashback... at the Senior All-Night party. Everyone pictured came to the reunion. We talked about this photo... funny.


One of my Senior pictures...

Comments

Taylor's said…
I love, love, love you dress - where did you pick up that cute thing!

You look great! And I know how you feel - I am a bit nervous for mine back in VA in September.
Mrs. Cropper said…
It WAS fun! I only wish we had gotten to spend more time together while you were here!
Megan said…
HOw fun! Annie and Bryce! It's been SOO long. WHo is on the right?
Em, it truly was a blast riding together! We created yet another memory! I have to agree that the nervousness left when we arrived. So fun, and so grown up for sure!