
A couple of months ago the cutest little family moved in down the street (we miss you Foxleys!). And, they just happen to have a little girl around the same age as Claire. Her name is Lily. Now, Claire is obsessed with Lily. It's crazy. Everyday we talk about Lily and everyday she points down the street to Lily's house and says "play, mommy." I don't know what it is, maybe because Lily is a little bit older than Claire so Claire thinks she is totally cool (which she is, by the way), or maybe it's because Lily has really cool toys like strollers, a kitchen, a little swimming pool and grass. (Yes, we consider grass a luxury, keep in mind, Claire has never played on real grass at her own house.) So, this great bond has formed between these two little girls and I couldn't be happier about it. 1-because it is great having a friend so close, and 2-Lily's mom, Meg, is really cool. So, it's a win-win for both of us.
Last Friday, Lily invited Claire (Tim and I too) to the zoo. They had some tickets for free admission so we just couldn't pass it up. It was really great. I hadn't been to the zoo in a really long time, I think I liked it more than Claire! At least seeing all the animals. Claire wasn't too into the animals, she liked the giraffes and the peacocks... that's about it. Most of the time, her and Lily just held hands, ran, played on the playground, jumped and giggled. They never stopped moving. Here are some pics of the adventure, I probably should of used the flash to not make them so blurry, but I don't like what my flash does to my photos. So, sorry if you get dizzy. But, this is a pretty good representation of what the night was like. Constant moving! (I realized after I got home that I didn't take one photo of any animals! Oh, well. Next time, I guess.)




Thanks Chris, Meg and Lily for a wonderful night! We had a ball.
Comments
Any time you want to go to the zoo let me know- our zoo pass would get your WHOLE family in for FREE! Plus, I would LOVE to see you and spend time with you again.