She is a Big Girl Now


Claire turned 2 last weekend. I can't believe it. I guess I am a real mom now. I have a 2-year-old!

We had a little party for her on her big day and invited all of her little Nursery friends from church. We went to the park, climbed up stairs, slid down slides, played tag, played the piano (a little music area at the park), ate cupcakes, drank Capri Suns, licked lollipops and opened presents. It was perfect.

My friend Amy was so kind to snap some photos of the party (she is really talented), and here is one she has sent me so far. We had to wake her up from her nap to go to her party, so she wasn't very happy about that. And, to top it off, I made her wear a party hat. I think her facial expression says it all. Claire warmed up eventually, she started chasing the other kids and laughing and playing. All in all, I think she had a great time. Thanks, to all who helped (you know who you are) and thanks to all who came!

Comments

Mike and Lauren said…
I just decided to take a look at your blog off Amy's today...what a cutie! Happy birthday, Claire! I can't believe she's two!
Jessica said…
That's the cutest picture! Landon was sick for his first birthday, so the only picture we have of him is with him screaming in front of his birthday cake. Claire is a cutie!
Taylor's said…
So cute! I love the picture!
darling, darling! I'm so sorry we missed the party. We have a little something for her that has been sitting at my house for awhile. I'll bring it over sometime soon. We're going to start play group this month. :)