Claire and the Nativity


Don't all kids break the precious nativity set that has been past down from generation to generation at least once during their childhood years? Well, my mother being the quick thinker that she is, gave me this beautiful wooden set and told me this: that it is OK for my kids to play with it. You know, chew on it, color on it, spill milk on it, hide the pieces in every drawer in the house...! She gave it to me the first Christmas I was married, so it has been 7 years. (wow!) Through the years there has been a kid here and there that has played with it, but never my own child, until this year! Claire can not stop playing with it! I set it up on top of the piano and everyday we would go through the same ritual. She runs to the piano, looks up and says "Peeees!" (please) I carefully take each piece down from the piano and hand it to her, and she carefully takes each piece and lays it out on the coffee table. She stacks them, rearranges them, transfers them to the couch, and the other day I found the baby Jesus in the recycling bin! (sorry about that!) I have really enjoyed watching her play with each piece. The star, the sheep, the donkey and the shepard are her favorites. Thanks mom. It is really the best!

Comments