I can't believe that Claire is already 18 months old. I thought that day would never come. Just like I thought she would never grow out of her newborn onesies.
It went well. At least that is what the Nursery leader said.
Tim dropped her off. I think if I would of dropped her off she would of had a harder time. He said they walked in, the leaders handed her a toy, he went to the corner, watched for about 3 minutes and then slipped out the door. Throughout the remainder for church, Tim would check on her. One time he saw her reading books, the next time he saw her sitting on the teacher's lap. All in all, she was doing great. Until it was time for snacks. You see, Claire doesn't know how to drink out of a real cup, or even sit in a chair. Things that are done in Nursery. I don't want to clean up spilled milk/juice all day so that is why she doesn't know how to drink out of a real cup. My fault. We don't even have a small chair at home that she can learn to sit in. My fault again. So, apparently she spilled her water and fell off the chair. That did it! She screamed! I think that was the last straw. Later the Nursery leader told me that she had a couple toys taken away from her by other kids. She said Claire didn't like that so much.
Anyway, the teacher couldn't calm her down so they brought her into my class. I looked at the clock, she only had 15 minutes left... she almost made it all the way through! I was really proud of her. Her first time in Nursery wasn't a complete disaster... the second time? That is another story.
It went well. At least that is what the Nursery leader said.
Tim dropped her off. I think if I would of dropped her off she would of had a harder time. He said they walked in, the leaders handed her a toy, he went to the corner, watched for about 3 minutes and then slipped out the door. Throughout the remainder for church, Tim would check on her. One time he saw her reading books, the next time he saw her sitting on the teacher's lap. All in all, she was doing great. Until it was time for snacks. You see, Claire doesn't know how to drink out of a real cup, or even sit in a chair. Things that are done in Nursery. I don't want to clean up spilled milk/juice all day so that is why she doesn't know how to drink out of a real cup. My fault. We don't even have a small chair at home that she can learn to sit in. My fault again. So, apparently she spilled her water and fell off the chair. That did it! She screamed! I think that was the last straw. Later the Nursery leader told me that she had a couple toys taken away from her by other kids. She said Claire didn't like that so much.
Anyway, the teacher couldn't calm her down so they brought her into my class. I looked at the clock, she only had 15 minutes left... she almost made it all the way through! I was really proud of her. Her first time in Nursery wasn't a complete disaster... the second time? That is another story.
Comments