The Beach in November

The sand is amazing!

Tim and I had been planning on building a sandbox for Claire in the spring, but the sand came 7 months early! Heath, my BIL, is a project manager on the new trax line to Daybreak and he had leftover fill sand on one of his jobs. Being the awesome guy that he is, he remembered that we were talking about building a sandbox for Claire, so he called us up and asked if we were interested in FREE sand. Of course we said YES! Tim hopped in his beloved new (old) truck and headed down to the job site. Heath had a big machine thing (I don't know what there are called... Asher? I am sure you know!) ready and waiting to fill the bed of the truck. Tim and I were a little a worried that the sand would be course and full of glass and other crazy stuff, but it wasn't. It is amazing sand! It's like beach volleyball sand. Annie even said it reminded her of sand on the beaches of Hawaii!

With the help of his friend Jon, Tim built Claire's sandbox a couple of Saturdays ago. I know Claire was excited to play in it that day, but they didn't finish until after she went to bed. The next couple days it snowed and then rained. It wasn't until this last Saturday that Claire had a chance to play in it.

She loved it!

She and Harrison played in it for hours. Claire filled up buckets, cups and bowls and knocked over sand castles. Thanks Heath, Jon and Tim! I am sure there will be many afternoons of lounging by the sandbox! (Don't be alarmed next summer if you see me sitting in a lawn chair with a good book, a jamba juice and my feet burried in the sand! The sand is that awesome!)

Claire and Liz (outfit #1)


Claire with a sticker on her face (outfit #2)


Big H


Claire and H

Comments

lish and toby said…
Fun at the beach in the backyard! Good sand can get expensive. We have sand in our sandbox but it sure doesn't feel like any hawaii sand! More like gravel sand..
Joan said…
I have a love/hate relationship with sandboxes. Hate: the mess, dirty clothes, sand on my kitchen floor. LOVE: that my boys could spend the day in it...good, cheap entertainment! :)
So, I recommended your talents to my brother in law who is marketing his herb/vitamin store "Vitality." He created a blog that needs...hmmm, shall we say, "a woman's touch...a chic, fashionably aware woman's touch" to be more precise.
His name is Jared. I hope you are okay with me doing that.
Oh, could you please send my your home address again!? I am SUCH a slacker...and have been meaning to send you a little thank you for your work. THANKS, Emily :)
Joan said…
ps: speaking of chic--adore the new header! You are sincerely talented.
Taylor's said…
You are so brave to have a sandbox. They are soo fun but I just can't stand the sand in the house! Way to be a great Mom! Tim did an awesome job!
The Jessups said…
That's awesome!! Those two are so cute playing together. You're so lucky to have family around!
Kathryn Palmer said…
How great is it that you got the sand for free! Family connections are great!