Craisins, Cops and Crazy Claire

My Day

1: 7:39 am. Woke up late. Rushed. Plucked Claire out of bed to take her to work. Late for work. She was surprisingly sweet. Loved her new treat of Craisins.

2: Asked for a raise. (Cross your fingers!)

3: Bought longer swim shorts at Old Navy. Ran into an old friend. Didn't recognize her at all. CRAZY! It had been 10 years.

4: Got a ticket. Pulled over by a motorcycle cop going 50 in a 35. Whoops. Have to pay it in the next 14 days. Cried. (The cop was nice and only cited me for going 5 over.) Cried all the way home. Called Tim and cried some more.

5: Claire fell asleep, so I worked. And worked.

6: Made Costco ravioli smothered in marinara sauce for lunch. Claire and I loved every bite.

7: Put Claire in a purple dress and a purple bow and headed to the grocery store. 5 people said she was cute. 1 kid waved. Claire waved back.

8: Paid for my groceries. Forgot to give the nice lady my coupon for the baby formula. Dang it. Unloaded the groceries in the car. Forgot to buy milk. Went back in the store. Claire cried, arched her back and then banged her head on the cart. Awesome. Pushed the awkward cart that wouldn't go straight with one hand. Carried crazy Claire. Grabbed 3 gallons of milk. Pushed the cart back to the same nice lady. Smiled. Paid $8.26. That seemed like a lot. Is it?

9: Unloaded the groceries. Ate a Ding-Dong. (Yeah, I bought some.)

10: Worked while Claire read some books.

11: Watched Oprah. Made a new commitment to lose weight. (I think this is commitment number 739. Sigh.)

12: Cleaned the living room. Claire messed it up again.

13: Re-potted a plant.

14: Complained about my messy kitchen. (Which is still a mess, by the way.)

15: Played blocks with Claire.

16: Made Asian noodles with chicken, broccoli and zucchini for dinner. Yum.

17: Welcomed home a husband.

18: Took a nap on the couch. (Thank you husband.)

19: Put Claire to bed.

20: Read a million blogs. (Will start work soon. Right after I post this and read some more blogs.)

(Oh, I forgot about the jagillion poopy diapers I changed. Not exaggerating. Not one bit.)

Comments

Toria said…
oh Em, I hope you get the raise! I'm wishing we could eat Costco ravioli, I bet Claire looked adorable and I know the feeling of trying to steer a cart while carrying the babe who is clearly old enough to ride, that doesn't sound too bad for 3 gallons of milk, your dinner sounded delish too- I'll have to get the recipe.
Bring on the ding dongs! I know this probably doesn't help you in your new commitment to loose weight, however on days like today, there is nothing better than that sweet indulgence!!
Can you believe it? Check out my blog...
Jeff and aimie said…
wow, you cried and the cop still gave you a ticket. my uncle, a cop, once told me he let some guy go with a warning because he said he had to go the bathroom really really bad, so next time cross the legs and see if it works! sorry, and claire is BEAUTIFUL! hi tim
Taylor's said…
Oh, Em! That sucks about the ticket but I am hoping you get the raise! And yes Claire is adorable even when she is not the best mannered!

We really should do lunch!
The Jessups said…
Gosh we lead such similar lives. I, too recently got a ticket, CRIED to the officer (he was not kind to drop it down to 5) and cried the whole way home. Also made ravioli 2 days ago, have changed more poopy diapers than I care to count, and have been working like crazy, here from home for TSG. Good luck with the raise! You are a very entertaining writer. Ciao.
Kristin said…
Much more interesting than me. What have I done today>

wake up
work
work
work
work
LUNCH!
work
work
work
work

.....

you know the drill...
birdie said…
Hey!

So fun to find your blog! Your days sounds fabu. Gotta love those. I think just a little dose of a kiddo throwing up is all you need now :)
Whitney said…
i loved this post. it gave me great insight into being a mama! and i could just hear your voice in it which made it even more awesome! i hope you get a raise, you deserve one so much.
The Bluths said…
I got my first ticket last month. I even told the cop I had never been pulled over in my life. He said that was impressive and handed me my ticket...jerk. I am contesting it because he wrote down the wrong speed and wrong street. It was also a motorcycle cop.
Sounds like my days too. I also have commited myself to loosing weight about 700+ times. You are awesome and I'm so happy that you are my friend. :)