When was the last time...


...you got stung be a bee?!!! Last night I was cleaning up Claire's little baby pool on the lawn and all of the sudden I felt this sharp pain on my leg right by my knee. At first I thought maybe a thorn or something pricked my leg, but how could that be, my leg didn't touch the ground? Then it started to REALLY hurt! I ran into the light just in time to see the HUGE bee fall from my leg and slowly walk away. I ran inside, my eyes welling up (it really hurt) and pulled up my pant leg. Sure enough, there is was. The Sting. With my leg throbbing, eyes watering and Tim laughing, I sat down in disbelief. I couldn't remember the last time I was stung by a bee. I remember stepping in a wasp's nest when I was like 5 or 6 but I don't remember the pain. This little bee sting hurt like CRAZY! No wonder kids scream and scream when they get stung. Then I panicked, thinking, "what if I am allergic?" Thankfully I am not. My leg is fine, a little sore, but fine.

When was the last time you got stung by a bee? Tell me it was painful! I don't want to sound like a wimp!

Comments

Trina said…
My last bee sting was about 5 years ago (walking through clover), and WOW did it hurt!
The Bluths said…
Never been stung...knock on wood.
The Jessups said…
oh my gosh!! Cliff was stung a few days ago! And he has a high pain tolerance usually, but it hurt him BAD. So you're not alone. In the future--make a paste with chile powder and water--it zaps the pain away immediatly! Gotta love Mexican remedies. It worked for Cliff!
marlequin said…
About a year ago I was going for a run on the farm when I passed some beehive nests (the wooden kind). I stood about twenty feet away thinking how nice it was there were so many bees around the nest. The next thing I knew I was ATTACKED by about 20 bees. I went screaming down the road and ended up with about 6 bee stings, including two that lodged in my BRA.

The first person I saw was my farmer father-in-law. I burst into tears and told him my story. Let's just say, uncomfortable.

They really, really hurt.
Derek said…
The last time I was stung was at Scout Camp. I think it was between my freshman and sophomore years at Ashland High. I was standing in line at the mess hall, doing the mosquito slap, when I slapped something that wasn't a mosquito. It didn't hurt at first, but then it started to get pretty painful. Went away after about 10 minutes.
Toria said…
I don't think I've ever been stung. I'm sorry- I don't think you're a wimp, I'm sure it hurt. Now you're probably just worried for little Claire. We keep getting little ant bite and mosquito bites every now and then- no biggie, but annoying!
ouch, granted anywhere you get stung it hurts. Hi annie (moffat) karcher here. I was about 13 playing at a friends house and I got stung in the buttox. it hurt, to say the least.
Anonymous said…
I am checking out your blog through April, and can't help but comment here. The last time I was stung was in high school and the bee flew up the sleeve of my sweatshirt and stung me like 5 times, I swear. Then I was expected to go to math class. I don't think that I learned anything that day in class. I couldn't concentrate on anything but....oh yeah the pain!!!
Heidi
Megan said…
I honestly can't remember. But one of my kids ran into a wasp nest ON THE GROUND last summer and got stung like 6 times. A couple on his neck. Then he fell asleep from crying so much. Poor kid! It hurts!
I actually got stung by a wasp last summer in my grandma's backyard. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to have to amputate my foot. It swelled up and burned so bad. Next time make a little baking soda paste and cake it on the sting. It will help with pain and if it's a wasp it will take away the poison.
becky said…
I've actually been stung twice in the last year (well, one a bee, one a wasp). The first time I was waiting inside Jiffy Lube and it stung me on the arm - it was really embarrassing because all these people waiting in there acted oblivious to me flailing around. And it did hurt! And a few months ago, we were visiting Nate's friends and standing on the porch about to leave, and a wasp came down from their roof above the door and went inside my shirt and bit me. For both, the pain was pretty bad at first, but fortunately didn't last super long.