A Weekend for Big H - Guest Blogger: Claire Yates

My cousin Harrison turned ONE! Well, two weeks ago. (Grumpa, my mom is sorry for not posting the photos sooner!) I had the time of my life. Watermelon, pizza, chips, cupcakes and cookies, all of my new favorite foods! We played in the grass, swam in the new pool, and H and his dad opened presents. It was a great party!

The weekend started out right with a morning breakfast stop at OPH (The Original Pancake House). My parents and my Uncle Dan and Aunt Cat love this place. I don't know what all the fuss is about, I just had plain old berries and pancakes, put they hoot and holler about how good it is. I fussed a little but then really liked playing with this ketchup bottle. My mom always gives me new and weird things to play with. I usually like all of them, too. She is so smart.


After breakfast we went back home and my mom did lots of gardening and my dad went to a scouting activity. Did you know I spend a lot of time with the scouts? I get to go with my dad sometimes when my mom is busy with her softball games. Those scouts are funny. As soon as my dad got home, we loaded up the car and headed to Harrison's birthday party. I was so excited to play with him and give him my present. I got him huge blocks that look and work like legos. I can't wait to go build towers with him!

(My Aunt Annie already blogged about his party, you can read about it here. But, I wanted to add some photos and video of H's big day.)

Here we are swimming in the pool. It was pretty chilly, but I had a blast. I kept up with Toria and Jackson even though they are way bigger then me! I think I splashed them right out of the pool!




Snuggling with my dad.


Helping H open his presents. I had to make sure everything he got was fun to play with!


While H was getting ready for bed, I found some of his party balloons!




Thanks, H for the wonderful day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you.

Comments

Taylor's said…
I need to be apart of the Clason clan . . .then maybe I might have some kind of crafty, cute idea in my body! You guys sure know how to throw a party!

Em- email me and I will invite you! catherinemtaylor@gmail.com
Audrey said…
Hey Emily!!! I'm so glad you left me a comment! I've found you on Cat's too, I just haven't ever left you a message. I'm sorry, I should have. :) Claire is beautiful. She is a great combination of both of you. I see a lot of Tim in her eyes! My email address is audrey-wilkins@hotmail.com, we'll have to keep in touch. Where are you and Tim living? What are you guys doing, besides chasing a 1 year old! I know how busy that can be. Yes school again! I haven't ever quit, 9 years of school it's crazy! I have a degree in Dental Hygiene, but I guess I want more. :) Any ways email me or leave me comments I would love to hear from you! Miss you Audrey