Top 10 - The St. George Trip

The Top 10 reasons why our little vacation to St. George was the best:

10: Pools and Palm Trees.
We have been so busy with work, school, church callings and the yard that we haven't had the opportunity to get away. Tim and I planned a little trip down to St. George this last weekend with some friends of ours. We rented a house that had a pool, palm trees and all the nice amenities that made it feel like a real vacation.

9: She is our Sweet Girl.
I couldn't believe how awesome she did on this little trip! On the way down she slept the whole way (it helps to leave around bedtime), she took great naps while we were there, she slept great in the Pack-n-Play, she was a pretty good eater, a really good hiker, and the best swimmer I have ever seen! Thanks Claire for making this first real family vacation a dream!

8: Tacos in the Park.
We got to go down a day earlier due to Tim's work (he was asked to meet with some clients). That meant that I would be spending most of Friday alone with Claire. It was great. We had to check out of our hotel at 12:00 and check-in time for the house wasn't until 3:00pm. So, after a yummy breakfast and morning nap at the hotel, Claire and I headed out on the town. We did a little shopping at Target and the Outlet Mall where I bought the cutest dress for Claire ever! Then we decided that we were hungry so we stopped and grabbed a taco and headed for the city park. Claire loved it! She sat on a blanket with the taco open on her lap just loving the tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and chicken!


7: Staying In.
Since we stayed at a house that had a fully equipped kitchen (well kind of), we decided that we would cook most of our meals. Each couple took a meal and bought the ingredients and cooked for everyone. Tim and I made french toast (a Barefoot Contessa recipe which I can't find online, I would of linked it!) for everyone Saturday morning, Kristin and Craig made amazing mexican falafels Saturday night, and Amy and Jon made a delicious breakfast casserole Sunday morning. Because we were out and about during the 2 days we were there we ate out for those meals. One at In-N-Out Burger, and the other at a cafe in Zion's National Park.

6: Beautiful Greens.
Tim and the guys had the opportunity to go golfing at a really amazing golf course for a great deal. One of Tim's business associates hooked them up and they got to play at a place called The Ledges. They said it was awesome. That is really all they told us!

5: Girls Day Out.
After enjoying the morning out by the pool, Kristin, Amy, Claire and I all went to Asia Nails (this place was hilarious! Go here and here to read all about it) to get a pedicure. Claire was supposed to be picked up by Tim before we went to our appointment, but his golf game when a little long. No problem. Claire was totally cool with just sitting on my lap while my feet soaked and watching all the interesting people that came in and out of the shop! Tim and the boys finally showed up and took Claire home with them. If they hadn't come when they did, Claire was going to get her pedicure at age 12 months! It was very relaxing and fun to be with Kristin and Amy. And, my toes still look great!

4: Missionaries and Temple Grounds.
After our relaxing lunch in the park, Claire and I walked over to the St. George Temple where we strolled around the visitors center and talked to sweet couple missionaries. While I learned of the early saints that built the beautiful Temple, Claire scooted around on her bum and smiled and laughed with missionaries. It was great. After the short documentary on the saints and great conversation, Claire and I went out on the Temple grounds and played until Tim got off work. We read books, took photos, examined grass, ate dirt (Claire, not me), played with a squirt bottle and looked at all the beautiful flowers. It was so peaceful just being there with Claire. Feeling all the emotions that come with blessing of Temples. I thought a lot about families, love and forever. I thought about my parents who were married there. I thought about the sacrifices that were made to build that beautiful building. I thought about my own little family and how much I love them. I was a great afternoon. One I will never forget.


3: Emerald Pools.
You can't go to St. George and not go to Zion's National Park. We loaded up the car (stuffed full of baby gear) and headed out to enjoy the beautiful southern Utah landscape. Tim and I hadn't been to Zion's in about 6 years, so it was a treat for us to go back, not only together, but with Claire and close friends. We hiked the Emerald Pools trail, one we have never done. It was great because most of it was paved and shaded. Claire of course came along and rode in style on Tim's back. Thanks Harrison for letting us borrow your hiking backpack!


2: A Big Bath Tub.
Well, that is what Claire thought, I am sure. We took her swimming for the first time! Her suit was a little big, but she loved it. We dunked her twice, splashed on the steps (her favorite thing), and helped her float on her back. This she didn't do so well at. I think she was a little scared because she had her legs and arms straight up in the air!



And the number one reason why St. George was the best...

1: Friends That Feel Like Family.
Jon, Amy, Kristin and Craig, thanks for a wonderful time! It was so great to get away from it all and be with people that we hold dear.

Comments

The Jessups said…
What a fun trip! That's awesome that you all are so close--both in the work place and out playing. Looks like you had a great time. And GREAT pics of Clair! I love the temple pic.
Taylor's said…
So fun . . .I am green with envy! The pictures are GREAT and FABULOUS! I wish our family vacation pictures turned out like yours!

Glad to see you got away from everyday life! Enjoy!
Annie said…
What fun! We want to try a vacation like that...but somehow I don't think that Harrison will do as well as Claire......just a hunch. Glad you had so much fun!
Amy said…
Such a fun trip. That picture of claire at the temple is kind of awesome. I would propose that we do trips like this often. Who knows? It might get me cooking regularly.
Your trip sounds like a BLAST! Those pictures are beautiful! I especially love the picture of Claire at the temple. See ya soon!
Kristin said…
That was seriously the best trip ever! We have to do it again sometime.
Joan said…
What?! You are a designer and a professional photographer?! That pic of Claire in front of the Temple is TDF. Amazing.
Glad you enjoyed your St. "Jarj" trip :)