Now, the first birthday party for your first child is really for the parents, right? I hope you agree because it will make me feel so much better. Tim thought I went a little overboard with hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, pasta salad, watermelon, cupcakes, lemon bars, three kinds of cookies, flowers, blown-up photos, painted frames, borrowed tables and chairs, a canopy, invitations, thank you cards (of which I will send out this week!), buckets with verbena and vinca, pink "C's", sugar cookie hearts frosted with royal icing placed so lovingly in each cupcake... ok, so maybe I did. But it was FUN! I have to admit, there were times when I had to stop and remind myself I wasn't planning a wedding reception, just a first birthday party!
Dan at the grill (thanks so much Dan! Your help made it possible for Tim to mingle and show off his sweet Claire!)

Taryn and Cassidy enjoying the spread.

The dessert table.


Aren't those cupcakes just the cutest?

Some of Claire's friends... Amy,

Penny,

Alli (she ate about 6 pieces of watermelon!),

and Harrison (he ate 2? 3?)

The birthday cupcake...
Waiting patiently (thanks Aunt Mitch for the party shirt!).

What's this?

Oh, I think I will just poke at it (she did this for awhile until I finally broke it open for her).


This is yummy! Everyone is clapping and smiling! I am loving this!

Oooooh, this is squishy.

All done, I loved it! I loved it so much I wanted my hair, my ears and even my diaper to have a taste!

Now time for a quick bath!

Thanks so much to everyone that helped, Liz, Heath, Annie, Jordan, Cat, Dan, Taryn, Cass and Tim. I couldn't have done it with out you!
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! We love you!
Dan at the grill (thanks so much Dan! Your help made it possible for Tim to mingle and show off his sweet Claire!)

Taryn and Cassidy enjoying the spread.

The dessert table.


Aren't those cupcakes just the cutest?

Some of Claire's friends... Amy,

Penny,

Alli (she ate about 6 pieces of watermelon!),

and Harrison (he ate 2? 3?)

The birthday cupcake...
Waiting patiently (thanks Aunt Mitch for the party shirt!).

What's this?

Oh, I think I will just poke at it (she did this for awhile until I finally broke it open for her).


This is yummy! Everyone is clapping and smiling! I am loving this!

Oooooh, this is squishy.

All done, I loved it! I loved it so much I wanted my hair, my ears and even my diaper to have a taste!

Now time for a quick bath!

Thanks so much to everyone that helped, Liz, Heath, Annie, Jordan, Cat, Dan, Taryn, Cass and Tim. I couldn't have done it with out you!
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! We love you!
Comments
The pictures are amazing and it makes my mouth water!
Good for you with doing all of that and having soo much fun while doing it! She has one heck of a Mom!