Claire doesn't crawl. She scoots. She is actually quite quick. As I have been typing she has scooted across the office, found my metal artist ruler and is banging my chair all the while scooting back to her pile of books. Yesterday I was doing dishes in the kitchen and I heard her little bum come around the corner and this is what I saw:
She plays Peek-a-Boo with everything! Clothes, blankets, towels, wash cloths, rugs, even books. The other day I caught her playing with a diaper. She got into the diaper bag and started pulling them out one by one, hiding behind each one. Thanks Grumpa for teaching her Peek-a-Boo. She loves to play!
With all this scooting she has taken her share of falls. She has hit the coffee table multiple times, the fridge, the speakers, the high chair legs, all trying to maneuver around them. With her balance and her scooting skills improving over the last couple days, she has been getting up on her knees and proudly clapping her hands. I would be proud of myself too! I think if she was a little taller she would be pulling herself up on everything, but she just can't quite reach. Just watch, tomorrow she will not only be pulling herself up on the coffee table, she will be climbing it as well! Sigh.
She plays Peek-a-Boo with everything! Clothes, blankets, towels, wash cloths, rugs, even books. The other day I caught her playing with a diaper. She got into the diaper bag and started pulling them out one by one, hiding behind each one. Thanks Grumpa for teaching her Peek-a-Boo. She loves to play!
With all this scooting she has taken her share of falls. She has hit the coffee table multiple times, the fridge, the speakers, the high chair legs, all trying to maneuver around them. With her balance and her scooting skills improving over the last couple days, she has been getting up on her knees and proudly clapping her hands. I would be proud of myself too! I think if she was a little taller she would be pulling herself up on everything, but she just can't quite reach. Just watch, tomorrow she will not only be pulling herself up on the coffee table, she will be climbing it as well! Sigh.
Comments
And be glad Claire, can't pull herself up yet, Kate is everywhere and pulls up on everything. I hate that she knows how because she now climbs the stairs - aaaah! They grow up way too fast!
Claire is sure a cutie! I just love those cheeks!
Thanks and let me know...I really appreciate you even considering the task :)