Home

As I anticipate going home for Christmas this year, I can't quite help but think of all the wonderful things about Home. All the things that I miss dearly, things that I will never forget, things that made me who I am.

Mom and Dad, the darkness, the stars, the fire pit, marshmallows, s'mores, the morning dew, the creek, the piano, the big kitchen table, my mom's bread, laughter, cousins, Aunt Michele and Uncle Alan, the garden, the pumpkins, the raspberries, the flowers, the trees, the sandbox, the bus door, 2 refrigerators and 2 freezers full of food, the shop, airplanes landing, the cows, wiffle ball in the front yard, summer Sunday evenings, catch with my sisters, summer nights on the trampoline, fresh peaches, blackberries, the stairs, my old room, Grandpa's old stuff, the ward, friends, warmth, love...

Comments

We're excited to see you all, Emily! You're part of our memories too! (I always hate to comment because my "name" is "Mom"--aka Aunt Michele--I guess I need to do something about that.)
JONES FAMILY said…
my eyes watered when I read that of course. I love being home. Love you.