A Visit from Mean Old Uncle Jack

He is not mean at all! Growing up that is always what we called him. I don't even know why. Do I? Family, why did we call him that? Anyway, this is Claire with my Uncle Jack. He and his family just moved to our area from across the country. I hardly ever get to see him, so this was a real treat. I am excited for them to live so close. He is a really interesting guy and I mean that in a good way. He is a brilliant scientist, a riot to talk to and a great uncle. Couldn't ask for anyone better. We love you Mean Old Uncle Jack!

Comments

JONES FAMILY said…
We called him that because we had a book called "Mean Old Uncle Jack". Yeah he is the last thing from mean. He is the best!
Toria said…
no, it's cuz he's a jerk!

I mean it's because of the book. I just read it to Asher last week. "mean old uncle Jack", but we changed it to "Mean Old Uncle Tim!" just kidding!
Emily said…
That's right, I remember now. Thanks Liz and Toria!
marlequin said…
You should have him make that candy that has whiskey or rum in it. It's the one time I've seen alcohol in Lesley's pantry.