We had a great Thanksgiving here at home with good food and family. This was the first Thanksgiving in about 4 years we haven't had company staying with us. It was nice not to have to worry about being a host and cooking the meal, but I really did miss all the hustle and bustle of friends and family! We started Wednesday night preparing the turkey, soaking it in a brine all night (I got a great recipe from a friend of mine at work, I will never cook a turkey any other way!). Tim found this hat with some old pioneer clothing we wore on a trek once, so he decided to wear as he cooked the brine, go get 'em, cowboy!

Thursday morning we all woke up bright and early. Claire of course was the first one up. Tim ran off to a Turkey Bowl game at the church and I put the bird in the oven and started dressing the table. I felt like I was getting ready for a Martha Stewart photoshoot! It was great! I think the table turned out beautiful!


We all ate a wonderful meal, even Claire had a little bit of Sweet Potatoes (thanks Gerber!). After a bit of lounging, we headed down to my sister's house for pies and football. It was a great day!
Thursday morning we all woke up bright and early. Claire of course was the first one up. Tim ran off to a Turkey Bowl game at the church and I put the bird in the oven and started dressing the table. I felt like I was getting ready for a Martha Stewart photoshoot! It was great! I think the table turned out beautiful!
We all ate a wonderful meal, even Claire had a little bit of Sweet Potatoes (thanks Gerber!). After a bit of lounging, we headed down to my sister's house for pies and football. It was a great day!
Comments
p.s. seeing the little glimpses of your kitchen in the photos here gives me hope for mine. We've got brand new white appliances and I thought that just doomed us ('cause stainless is all the rave), but yours look great with granite and dark-ish cabinets. Yippeee!
Mary