Move Over Similac!

Claire is a big girl now! We started her on Rice Cereal...


Day #1:
Not so awesome. Smearing and rubbing it in her hair/ears/neck. A few tears.


Day #2:
Even worse. SCREAMING. Back arching. Spitting it out.


Day #3:
See Day #2.


Day #4:
Morning feeding: See Day #2, plus grabbing and throwing spoon to the floor.
Night feeding: Show off for Dad (I kept telling Tim when he would call that it was really hard to get any in her mouth and have her actually swallow it). Now, calm, smiling, loving it. Grabbing spoon and putting it in her mouth.


Day #5 (today):
Progress. Calm, smiling, swallowing.




It will only get better, right? Even though it has been a bit frustrating, to see her covered in cereal is pretty cute. She is my sweet girl!

Comments

Danielle said…
oooh...I wish I had some advice. Good luck. I think if you mix it with formula they like the taste better? What do I know. I am going to be calling you in about a year asking, "how do I get my child to eat this stuff?". She's still pretty cute though...even screaming.
Toria said…
Nice work Claire (and Em and Tim). You can add a tiny spoonful of banana or pear with the water or formula to the rice cereal mixture and she may eat it better. Some people think it gives kids a "sweet tooth" to start on fruits, but I don't think it makes a difference. Asher only cares about the texture and he'll still eat carrots over bananas anyday. Good luck! We can't wait to get the high chairs lined up in a few weeks! Do you want us to send some homemade pear baby food? It's delish!
lauren said…
i just found your blog through kendal's blog... and i'm so happy you posted the cute halloween pics. even though i loathe the red sox, those two babies are the cutest! and you should tell everyone you're the best wedding invitation designer ever! :D Lauren