I just spent the last couple hours reading through blogs of some friends of mine. It was great to read all about their adventures, triumphs and trials. But, I have to admit that I feel somewhat sad that I have let so many years go by without knowing, what feels like, anything about what has happened in their lives. Sure, I knew of marriages and babies, the really big things, but nothing of fun vacations, job changes, first steps, sewing projects, etc. This is my own fault, and I feel really bad about it. I don't know where I am going with this, but I just want to say I'm sorry. However, I am thankful for the things I have known about and been a part of.
I think this whole blogging thing is an answer to my prayers. I know that sounds weird and crazy, but I really think it is. I have never been one to call and just "chat" with friends. I know I should, but it is hard for me. I think that I am bugging them, or they are in a rush to go somewhere, or have better or more important things to do. I just don't want to inconvenience them with a phone call. I have tried email, but addresses change, get lost, etc. And, if I don't respond, or someone doesn't respond to me, there is this weird hesitation to write again. Through the short time I have been a blogger (like 2 weeks!), I feel like I have been reconnected with friends that I haven't talked to in a long time. Just having the opportunity to read about what is happening in their lives, not even talking to them in person or over the phone, has made me feel like I am a friend again, not just someone they knew in high school. It feels good to be a friend again. I have also enjoyed a way to get my thoughts, feelings, happy moments and photos out there for others to see. How come I didn't start this earlier?!!! Thanks for introducing me to the world of blogging!
I think this whole blogging thing is an answer to my prayers. I know that sounds weird and crazy, but I really think it is. I have never been one to call and just "chat" with friends. I know I should, but it is hard for me. I think that I am bugging them, or they are in a rush to go somewhere, or have better or more important things to do. I just don't want to inconvenience them with a phone call. I have tried email, but addresses change, get lost, etc. And, if I don't respond, or someone doesn't respond to me, there is this weird hesitation to write again. Through the short time I have been a blogger (like 2 weeks!), I feel like I have been reconnected with friends that I haven't talked to in a long time. Just having the opportunity to read about what is happening in their lives, not even talking to them in person or over the phone, has made me feel like I am a friend again, not just someone they knew in high school. It feels good to be a friend again. I have also enjoyed a way to get my thoughts, feelings, happy moments and photos out there for others to see. How come I didn't start this earlier?!!! Thanks for introducing me to the world of blogging!
Comments
Can I be your friend?? You can call me any old time because I am always up for a chat, always!! I'm pretty much not really ever doing anything, being a stay-at-home person and all...soon to be a mom, I guess!!! Speaking of which, I can't wait to see you at the shower, you can come right?? Oh I do hope so! Well this is turning into a long-winded comment... I guess I'll see you soon.
can I link you on my blog??
Well I can't wait to see you and Claire at Kate's shower. It should be fun.