Planting Anew

Saturday was an eventful day out in the yard. It all started at 7:00 am with sound of roots ripping out of the ground. I had a couple of really old shrubs in my yard that I didn't like. One had a disease and the other was just plain ugly. Tim had chopped the branches of both the bushes to the ground a couple of weeks ago and has been waiting for his friend to come and help him rip them out. Saturday morning they chained them up to a truck and pulled them out of the ground. It was liberating to see them just rip out of the ground!


Then Tim and I planted a couple of trees my mother had given to us. These were the first trees Tim and I had ever planted, needless to say we were a little nervous. Planting trees is kind of big deal if you have no idea what you are doing! We had fun trying to figure out where we wanted them and how they would look in our yard in years to come. I have big plans for my yard; new grass, a corner berm, flower beds, veggie garden, fence, new sprinkling system, shade garden... it can get overwhelming at times to think of it all! But, all we can do is make one little step at a time. Planting these trees was our first step.


Comments

Danielle said…
How exciting! I have to admit that I am really jealous though. That is really the reason I want a house so bad...so I can play in the yard. I can't wait to see what other fabulous things you do. I am sure it will be great...it's in your genes.
JONES FAMILY said…
how exciting! You guys will do a great job. Claire looks adorable. Can't wait to see you.
Mrs. Cropper said…
Well you know a lot more than I do about landscaping. I have no idea what a berm even is! :) I'm excited about your new trees.
GRUMPA said…
Looks good. Mom would be proud of you. How come Clair don't gots a thumb?!!

Dad
Emily Anne said…
(applause!) Oh em, yardwork overwhelms me to the point of nausea, but maybe you will inspire me. Our back yard is such a pit, but I did get out and weed it yesterday, so that's a first step, right?

Can't wait to see what else you do!
Kate said…
Cute yard and house! Can't wait to see it evolve... with your genes, it's going to turn out BEAUTIFUL!!!
Anonymous said…
Hey, Emily -- The yard looks great! Glad to see you got those trees in the ground. I have a personal interest in them, since they rode in my bathtub for 600+ miles! I love your blog -- and the photos of Clare are really precious! I am looking forward to seeing you and Tim and baby during the Christmas holidays. Love, Aunt Sue