Afternoon Walk, Treehouse Discovery (Can I call it a Treehouse?)

There is nothing like an afternoon walk. It was such a beautiful day today, the sun was shining, the leaves were falling and the air was crisp. I usually walk through my little neighborhood and sometimes venture into downtown Bountiful to look at the shop windows, but today Claire and I went to a different neighborhood. It is always refreshing to walk in another neighborhood. I always think about the people who live there. What their lives are like, what their interests are, what motivates them. Seeing all the different style houses and yards always gets me thinking. Some houses had beautiful gardens (the flowers still looked amazing even though the season is almost over), some had weeds galore. Some houses had clean, flower potted, white-railed porches and others had old beat-up chairs and couches welcoming their guests. Some houses were under construction and some were in desperate need of home repair. But, nothing tops the craziness I saw in one front yard. Picture a construction site, do you see scaffolding? Now, picture that as a play gym. The owners had built a scaffolding play gym in their front yard! I understand a quaint little treehouse, or maybe a swing set, but rickety old scaffolding! I wish I had my camera, because I know you don't believe me! There were ropes hanging down, ropes holding things together, ropes lifting other ropes, craziness and foolishness everywhere! I wonder what the motivation was? Did the neighbor kids just love it? Did the neighbor parents just hate it? Do the owners of this scaffolding treehouse have insurance? How many trips to the hospital were the result of rowdy play-time in this so-called treehouse? Questions were just racing through my head and all I could do was stand there and stare. After about 2 minutes of complete and utter amazement, I turned around and continued with my walk. The whole time all I could think about was this house and it's crazy front yard. Would I have the guts to build something so huge in my yard? I don't think so.

Look for a photo of the Scaffolding Treehouse in future posts. Next time I am out on a walk I will snap a photo.

Here are a couple of shots of cute Claire before the walk. She looks so tiny in that big stroller!







Comments

Kate said…
that's pretty frightening! do take a picture so we can see!

what kind of stroller do you have? i'm researching some online...do you like yours??
Mrs. Cropper said…
Um, could that girl be any cuter?! She makes the greatest faces. And I can't wait to see a picture of the "treehouse." Also, Blaine didn't like tummy time for a long time either. He was probably a month older than Claire by the time he could be on his stomach happily.
Emily Anne said…
That face! That Hat! It's just too much cuteness, Em. Thanks for your comment on my blog today; I loved it. And we love a lot of the same things. (Not Tim, but you know, the other stuff, like spring tulips :)